Aruba Distributed Services Switches
Delivering distributed, intelligent services
Aruba CX 10000 with Pensando
- A new category of switches that combines best-of-breed Aruba data center L2/3 switching with the industry's first hardware-accelerated programmable processor (Pensando P4).
- Delivers stateful services inline, at scale, with wire-rate performance and orders of magnitude performance and scaling improvements over traditional data center L2/3 switches.
Aruba Fabric Composer
- Unified network, security, and firewall policy configuration.
- Primary network and security engine for the CX10000 solution. All network configurations and firewall policy definitions are orchestrated by Aruba Fabric Composer.
Pensando Distributed Services Platform (DSP) for HPE Servers
- PCI form factor option for HPE ProLiant, HPE Apollo, and HPE Edgeline servers.
- The Aruba CX 10000 extends the implementation of these intelligent services into the data center network fabric, addressing a wider range of use cases including brownfield deployments or infrastructure agnostic and heterogenous environments.
Data volume and velocity overwhelms traditional networks and architectures
Centralized security architectures cannot handle emerging microservices-based traffic patterns, and often leave enterprises vulnerable to attacks.
Centralized security appliances are inefficient and expensive at inspecting and protecting east-west application traffic within the data center. Hair-pinning traffic to an appliance sitting at the data center edge slows performance, limits scale, and increases cost.
Virtualized and containerized application traffic often stays local to the physical rack, host, or VM. This means some application traffic is never inspected by a hardware firewall or other security device—leaving enterprises vulnerable to attacks from within the enterprise itself.
The trend is to unify network and security provisioning to ensure consistent policy enforcement, streamline operations, and provide end-to-end observability.