Aruba AP-228 Access Point
802.11ac for harsh, weather-protected areas
Sorry, this unit has been discontinued and is no longer available for purchase, the recommended replacement product is - Aruba AP-318 Unified AP #JZ153A.
End of Sale (EOS) : 1-Aug-2019 - EOS dates are dependent upon the continued availability of stock, we strongly encourage customers to transition new orders to the replacement product that is identified.
End of Support (EOST): 1-Aug-2024 - After this date, all support services for the product are unavailable, and the product reaches End of Life.
Please Contact Us for stock availability, placing orders and/or better pricing.
Rugged Aruba 228 wireless APs deliver gigabit Wi-Fi performance to 802.11ac mobile devices in harsh, weather-protected environments such as warehouses, industrial freezers or enclosures in extreme environments such as stadiums.
With a maximum data rate of 1.3 Gbps in the 5-GHz band and 600 Mbps in the 2.4-GHz band, Aruba 228 APs are three-times faster than 802.11n APs and provide performance similar to a wired connection.
The 228 APs include ClientMatch technology, which eliminates sticky clients by continuously gathering session performance metrics from mobile devices. This information is then used to steer each mobile device to the best AP and radio on the WLAN.
Proactive and deterministic, ClientMatch dynamically optimizes Wi-Fi client performance as users roam and RF conditions change. If a mobile device moves out of range of an AP or RF interference impedes performance, ClientMatch automatically steers it to a better AP.
With ClientMatch, 228 APs load web pages faster, deliver video streams with improved quality and support high densities of mobile devices. An 802.11ac network without ClientMatch performs no diferent than an 802.11n WLAN.
The rugged 228 APs additionally support priority handling and policy enforcement for individual Microsoft Lync media on the same device, including encrypted videoconferencing, voice, chat and desktop sharing.
Choose Your Operating Mode
The 228 APs ofer a choice of operating modes to meet your unique management and deployment requirements.
- Controller-managed AP or Remote AP (RAP) running ArubaOS. When managed by Aruba Mobility Controllers, 228 APs ofer centralized confguration, data encryption, policy enforcement and network services, as well as distributed and centralized trafc forwarding.
- Aruba Instant AP running InstantOS. In Aruba Instant mode, a single AP automatically distributes the network confguration to other Instant APs in the WLAN. Simply power-up one Instant AP, confgure it over the air, and plug in the other APs – the entire process takes about fve minutes.
- Spectrum analysis identifes sources of RF interference
- Air monitor provides wireless intrusion protection
- Hybrid AP serves Wi-Fi clients and provides wireless intrusion protection and spectrum analysis
- Secure enterprise mesh
For large installations across multiple sites, the Aruba Activate service signifcantly reduces deployment time by automating device provisioning, frmware upgrades, and inventory management. With Aruba Activate, Instant APs are factoryshipped to any site and confgure themselves when powered up.
If WLAN and network requirements change, a built-in migration path allows 228 Instant APs to become part of a WLAN that is centrally managed by a Mobility Controller.
Industrial design for harsh, weather-protected environments
- Extends temperature range for indoor environments that lack heating and cooling
- Sealed connector interfaces to lock out dust and moisture
- Connectorized antenna ports support high gain large public venue antennas
- Designed for enhanced physical security .
Delivers 1.9 Gbps aggregate throughput.
- EtherChannel link aggregation on two Gigabit Ethernet ports provides 1.9 Gbps throughput. ARUBA 228 ACCESS POINTS 802.11ac for harsh, weather-protected areas
Supports aggregate data rates up to 1.9 Gbps
- 802.11ac transmit beam-forming to enhance signal, throughput and multi stream operation
- Supports 1.3 Gbps rates in the 5 GHz band for 802.11ac clients
- Supports up to 600 Mbps for TurboQAM-enabled mobile devices operating in the 2.4 GHz band
Best-in-class RF management
- Integrated Adaptive Radio Management technology manages the 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz radio bands and ensures that APs stay clear of RF interference.
- Capable of part-time or dedicated air monitoring, the spectrum analyzer remotely scans the 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz radio bands to identify sources of RF interference.
- Wireless mesh connections are convenient where Ethernet drops are not available.
- Integrated wireless intrusion protection ofers threat protection and mitigation and eliminates the need for separate RF sensors and security appliances.
- With an OpenDNS service subscription, Aruba Instant APs delivers integrated web fltering, malware and botnet protection to every device connected to the WLAN.
- Encrypted IPsec VPN tunnels securely connect remote users to corporate network resources.
- Integrated Trusted Platform Module (TPM) for secure storage of credentials and keys.
- SecureJack-capable for secure tunneling of wired Ethernet trafc.
Wireless Radio Specifications
Regulatory Model Numbers
Minimum Operating System Software Versions
Wireless Radio Specifications:
|RF Performance Table|
|Maximum transmit power (dBm) per transmit chain||Receiver sensitivity (dBm) per receive chain|
|2.4 GHz - 802.11b|
|2.4 GHz - 802.11g and 5 GHz - 802.11a|
|2.4 GHz and 5 GHz - 802.11n HT20|
|2.4 GHz and 5 GHz - 802.11n HT40|
|5 GHz - 802.11ac VHT20|
|5 GHz - 802.11ac VHT40|
|5 GHz - 802.11ac VHT80|
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Our Price: $66.00
Our Price: $178.00
Our Price: $231.00
Our Price: $281.00
Our Price: $101.00
Our Price: $273.00
Our Price: $354.00
Our Price: $429.00
Our Price: $68.00
Our Price: $101.00
Our Price: $28.00
Our Price: $56.00
Our Price: $168.00
Our Price: $140.00
Our Price: $140.00
Our Price: $73.00
Our Price: $886.00
Our Price: $886.00
Get a Quote!