Aruba AP-318 Access Point
802.11ac Wave 2 for harsh, weather-protected environments
Our Price: $1,236.51
The hardened Aruba 318 series access point delivers gigabit Wi-Fi performance to 802.11ac mobile devices in harsh, weather-protected environments such as warehouses, industrial freezers or enclosures in extreme environments such as stadiums. It delivers 4x4:4SS MU-MIMO capability, Aruba’s advanced ClientMatch and an integrated Bluetooth beacon to enable Aruba location services.
With a maximum concurrent data rate of 1,733 Mbps in the 5 GHz band and 300 Mbps in the 2.4 GHz band (for an aggregate peak data rate of 2.0 Gbps), the Aruba 318 APs can quickly add required capacities to your existing or new wireless networks. Hot or cold, dusty and dirty, or baking in an enclosed stadium, the Aruba 318 delivers.
With high performance and high density 802.11ac, the Aruba 318 APs support 160 MHz channel bandwidth (VHT160), multi-user MIMO (MU-MIMO) and 4 spatial streams (4SS).
Proactive and deterministic, ClientMatch dynamically optimizes Wi-Fi client performance as users roam and RF conditions change. If a mobile device moves away from an AP or RF interference impedes performance, ClientMatch automatically steers it to a better AP.
With ClientMatch, clients load web pages faster, deliver video streams with improved quality and support high densities of mobile devices. An 802.11ac network without ClientMatch performs no different than an 802.11n WLAN
The Aruba 318 also has an integrated Bluetooth Aruba Beacon that simplifies the remote management of a network of large-scale battery-powered Aruba beacons while also providing advanced location, wayfinding, and proximity- based push notification capabilities. It enables businesses to leverage mobility context to develop applications that can deliver an enhanced user experience and increases the value of the wireless network for organizations.CHOOSE YOUR OPERATING MODE
As a unified AP, the Aruba 318 can be deployed with or without a controller and can be readily switched to accommodate changing network needs.
- Controller mode: When managed by Aruba Mobility Controllers, the Aruba 318 series APs offer centralized configuration, data encryption, policy enforcement and network services, as well as distributed and centralized traffic forwarding or,
- Controllerless (Instant) mode: In Aruba Instant mode, a single AP automatically distributes the network configuration to other Instant APs in the WLAN. Simply power-up one Instant AP, configure it over the air, and plug in the other APs – Instant Network.
Other functional modes include:
- Remote AP (RAP) mode for branch deployments
- Air monitor (AM) for wireless IDS, rogue detection and containment
- Spectrum analyzer, dedicated or hybrid, for identifying sources of RF interference
- Secure enterprise mesh
- Hybrid AP serves Wi-Fi clients and provides wireless intrusion protection and spectrum analysis
For large installations across multiple sites, the Aruba Activate service significantly reduces deployment time by automating device provisioning, firmware upgrades, and inventory management. With Aruba Activate, Unified APs are factory-shipped to any site and configure themselves when powered up.
Dual Radio 802.11ac access point with Multi-User MIMO
- - Supports up to 1,733 Mbps in the 5 GHz band (with 4SS/VHT80 or 2SS/VHT160 clients) and up to 300 Mbps in the 2.4 GHz band (with 2SS/HT40 clients).
Built-in Bluetooth Low-Energy (BLE) radio
- Enables location-based services with BLE-enabled mobile devices receiving signals from multiple Aruba Beacons at the same time.
Advanced Cellular Coexistence (ACC)
- Minimizes interference from 3G/4G cellular networks, distributed antenna systems, and commercial small cell/femtocell equipment.
Industrial design for harsh, weather-protected environments
- Extends temperature range for indoor environments that lack heating and cooling.
- Sealed connector interfaces to lock out dust and moisture.
Connectorized antenna ports support high gain large public venue antennas
Designed for enhanced physical security.
Quality of service for unified communication apps
- Supports priority handling and policy enforcement for unified communication apps, including Microsoft Skype for Business with encrypted videoconferencing, voice, chat, and desktop sharing.
Best-in-class RF management
- Integrated AirMatch technology manages the 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz radio bands and actively optimizes the RF environment including channel width, channel selection and transmit power.
- Capable of part-time or dedicated air monitoring, the spectrum analyzer remotely scans the 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz radio bands to identify sources of RF interference.
- Wireless mesh connections are convenient where Ethernet drops are not available.
Intelligent app visibility and control
- AppRF technology leverages deep packet inspection to classify and block, prioritize or limit bandwidth for 1,000’s of enterprise apps or groups of apps.
Aruba Secure Core
- Device assurance: Use of Trusted Platform Module (TPM) for secure storage of credentials and keys as well as secure boot.
- Integrated wireless intrusion protection offers threat protection and mitigation and eliminates the need for separate RF sensors and security appliances.
- IP reputation and security services identify, classify, and block malicious files, URL and IPs, providing comprehensive protection against advanced online threats.
- Encrypted IPsec VPN tunnels securely connect remote users to corporate network resources.
318 ACCESS POINT SPECIFICATIONS
WI-FI RADIO SPECIFICATIONS
For more country-specific regulatory information and approvals, please see your Aruba representative.
REGULATORY MODEL NUMBER
MINIMUM SOFTWARE VERSIONS
Wireless Radio Specifications:
|RF Performance Table|
|Maximum transmit power (dBm) per transmit chain||Receiver sensitivity (dBm) per receive chain|
|802.11g 2.4 GHz and 802.11a 5 GHz 2.4 GHz and 802.11a 5 GHz|
|802.11n HT20 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz|
|802.11n HT40 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz|
|802.11ac VHT20 5 GHz|
|802.11ac VHT40 5 GHz|
|802.11ac VHT80 5 GHz|
|802.11ac VHT160 5 GHz|
Maximum capability of the hardware provided (excluding antenna gain). Maximum transmit power is limited by local regulatory settings.
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Our Price: $1,236.51
Our Price: $71.96
Our Price: $191.64
Our Price: $300.46
Our Price: $307.19
Our Price: $70.91
Our Price: $113.07